First VS at first VS the the first time VS for the first time


First VS at first VS the the first time VS for the first time :

⚫ সংগ্রহ করে সাজিয়েছে ও বর্ণনা করেছে: আহসানুল ইরফান
________________________________________________
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

(Note: শুধু First time কখনো হয় না সবসময় The first time হয় এবং at first time/ at the first time কখনো হয় না)
(নিচে First, firstly এবং at first এর পার্থক্যও তুলে ধরা হয়েছে)

01. First when I saw you, I was afraid to talk to you. ❌
02. When I first saw you, I was afraid to talk to you. ✔
03. When I saw you first, I was afraid to talk you. ✔

04. First time when I saw you, I was afraid to talk to you. ❌
05. When I saw you first time, I was afraid to talk to you. ❌

06. The first time when I saw you, I was afraid to talk to you. ❌
07. The first time I saw you, I was afraid to talk to you. ✔
08. When I saw you the first time, I was afraid to talk to you. ✔

09. At first when I saw you, I was afraid to talk to you. ✔
10. When I saw you at first, I was afraid to talk to you. ✔

11. For the first time when I saw you, I was afraid to talk to you. ❌
12. For the first time I saw you, I was afraid to talk to you. ❌
13. When I saw you for the first time, I was afraid to talk to you. ✔

________________________________________________

Questions :

01. Where did you first see him? ✔
02. Where did you see him first?  ✔
03. When did you see him at first? ✔
04. When did you at first see him? ❌ (Awkward)
05. Where did you see him the first time? ✔
06. Where did you see him for the first time? ❌(Awkward)
07. Where did you for the first time see him? ❌ (Awkward)

08. First when did you see him? (OK)
09. At first when did you see him? (OK)
10. The first time when did you see him? (Not used)
11. For the first time when did you see him? (Not used)

Answers :

1. First I saw him on YouTube. (OK)
2. At first I saw him on YouTube. ✔
3. The first time I saw him on YouTube. ✔
4. For the first time I saw him on YouTube. (OK)
5. I saw him on YouTube for the first time. ✔

6. I saw him first on YouTube. ✔
7. I saw him at first on YouTube. ✔
8. I saw him the first time on YouTube. ✔
9. I saw him for the fist time on YouTube. (OK)

◼️◼️ First, firstly or at first :

◼️ First and firstly :

"First" Adjective অথবা Adverb হিসেবে ব্যবহৃত হয় এবং কোনো ব্যক্তি অথবা জিনিসকে নির্দেশ করে যা গুরুত্ব, সময়, পরিমাণ, গুণ বিবেচনায় অন্য সবকিছুর আগে আসে। Adjective হিসেবে ব্যবহৃত হওয়ার সময় এটি "প্রথম" অর্থ দেবে এবং Adverb হিসবে ব্যবহার হওয়ার সময় এটি "প্রথমে" অর্থ দেবে:

What’s the name of the first person who walked on the moon? (এখানে "First" adjective)

Beth always arrives first at meetings. (এখানে "First" adverb)

আমরা প্রায়ই "First" ব্যবহার করে থাকি (বিশেষ করে লেখার সময়) আমরা যে পয়েন্টগুলো তৈরি করতে চাই তার ক্রম প্রদর্শন করতে। যখন আমরা list বানিয়ে থাকি তখন আমরা First এবং Firstly দুটোই ব্যবহার করতে পারি। "Firstly" "First" থেকে বেশি Formal :

First(ly) I would like to thank you for your kind offer of a job …
(এখানে "First" adverb)
(At first I would like to thank you … ❌)

First(ly) the sodium chloride is dissolved in the water and heated gently. Second(ly) a dye is added to the solution.
(এখানে "First" এবং "Second" adverb)

(At first, the sodium chloride … ❌)

◼️ At first :

At first অর্থ ‘at the beginning’ (শুরুতে) or ‘in the beginning’ (শুরুতে) আমরা এটি ব্যবহার করি বৈপরীত্য সৃষ্টি করতে:

At first when I went to England to study English, I was homesick, but in the end I cried when it was time to leave.

He called for help. No one heard him at first, but eventually two young girls came to help him.

Note: First, at first, the the first time, for the first time এগুলোর ভেতর First এবং at first এর পার্থক্য সবচেয়ে বেশি। এছাড়া অন্য গুলোর ক্ষেত্রে তাদের ভেতর পার্থক্য খুব কম।

(Note: শুধু First time কখনো হয় না সবসময় The first time হয় এবং at first time/ at the first time কখনো হয় না।)

No comments